Our U-Comment/I-Follow network is soaring across the blogosphere!
Some bloggers are even newer to this whole DoFollow concept then I, and since I’m technically-challenged, and was ignorant to the problems/successes of such a link-loving attitude…I’ll break things down for you as simply as I can (since this is the only way I can make sense of it all)
1. Read my initial post here, and read and follow this post. Within each of these 2 posts, the comments shares critical information about the history, reasonings behind, and how-to DoFollow, thanks to Andy and Vlad’s easy-to-understand post about getting rid of “pink boxes” for once that are scattered throughout this blogosphere.
2. Read Dawud’s easy-to-read, understand, and implement, concise post here. Even for the non-technical computer-dummy that I am, Dawud’s post explains everything very simply regarding the importance of this DoFollow movement.
3. New buddy (from our DoFollow Bumpzee community, details below #4) , Andrew wrote a fantastic, easy-to-read list of all the ways to increase comments to your blog. He graciously shares every plugin I’ve ever wanted specifically to make you want to comment and begin a conversation (or debate) with me, and conitnue to be my newest pal!
He shares options for those on the Blogger and TypePad blog platforms too.
4. Last, but not least…Follow Andy’s announcement of the Bumpzee/No-NoFollow/Do-Follow/I-Follow Community post here.
Andy shares interesting points about the missing pieces: where is there one place we can all network or get together?
Honestly, I can’t/couldn’t keep up myself:
- Since Gayla shared creating a list earlier last week.
- Then, Randa designed a great badge, that her list started growing here.
- And, as I was just there, I found this interesting post about I-Follow D-List.
- And, everyone who has a list, asks their readers to ‘comment below’ so they could be listed on that particular blog.
But, there isn’t one-hang-out for like-minded blogging entrepreneurs/bloggers to cross-promote, discuss and share our work, work ethics, and philosophies.
Not until, Andy devised this group at Bumpzee.
I myself, logged-in for the first-time…and made our group a total of 10 with me as the lone-lady. Andy lists many of the advantages of using this program as well…beyond networking.
So, come on my dears (and women entrepreneur-supporters), join the crowd! Read more at Andy’s here.
Update: April 16,2007: As for my pink-boxes…my server was just upgraded Sunday the 15th, I don’t know how to install plugins myself (waiting for my VA), and we’re having major problems with spam, and our Spam blockers (first: Spam Karma, and now Askimet, so we’re just trying to be ultra-patient ov’r here. Any additional suggestions, help, advise would be greatly appreciated. Andrew offers a 2nd back-up spam blocker to protect over the 99% spam blocking ability of Askimet…we’re just trying to install everything between server moves.) My intentions and technical-understanding of this whole DoFollow phenomenon have always been disclosed in both of my posts, we defaulted a moderated link to all our commentors since we moved to WordPress on March 15th. Your understanding is much appreciated. Peace.