Wow! By applying the very simple and strict 5-steps below in 4-weeks times, Steven was able to go
“from 189 subscribers to 638 (peak) subscribers on May 23. It goes up and down but it is stable at about 600 just now.”
He set a
modest incredible goal “to raise my subscriber numbers by 100 per week”
And, has challenged us to do the same…I just took his steps one-step further!
Join our challenge, crediting Steven here, and me here, edit the next
56-steps with your personal information, follow my 4-week plan so we learn together…or do it in another order and share your research. And, let’s report in one-months’ time, Okay!? Here’s hopin’….
1. Quality Content
Work on this one baby
You *must * have your own unique voice, tone, and authority or expert knowledge in something that shows your target market you’re the one to listen/read day in and day out!
Then, test and track! Watch your individual posts, see which ones *really* hit home…where you get the most comments/trackbacks…what do your readers relate most too? Like about you? Appreciate most in your posts?
2. Traffic - Taking it to the next level. I want to grow my “friends/networks” and encourage you to do the same!
So, these are the 6 top social bookmarking/network sites Steve and his colleagues recommend. I’ve listed my ‘profile’ pages, so you can join my ‘friends/networks’–I want you to do the same, and comment/trackback below so I can find you and be-friend you in return!
My Oh-so creative nickname everywhere is: ponnsabra
- Netscape – Be My Friend! [Surprised I have 2 friends already: Week 2.]
- Digg – Will You Be My Friend? [The least of my concerns, as more newsy- technology-based- Week 4]
- Reddit – Let’s Be Friends! [I know nothing about it: Week 3]
- Stumbleupon – Let’s Be Stumble Buddies! [Obviously love...one week, later...since #1 traffic referral]
- Delicious – I Promise To Be a Nice Friend! [Thanks to Hobo for marking me up, this week is this one: Week1]
- MyBlogLog – Won’t You Pleezzz Be My Friend?! [I haven't formally written anything about it, but I get 3rd most referrals from here]
Need a Place to Start? Check out the Popular Finds at each Top Network Sites here at PopURLs.com!
We must heed the temptations…and follow Steven’s easy yet strict guidelines.
As he says “A little credibility is better than no credibility.”
Sign up with all the sites mentioned above and start socialising in them. Take 1 week to build up and submit quality articles to all of them. You can have a stumbleupon toolbar which makes it easy to stumble articles. You can also use the social bookmark icons on nearly all blog posts; again this makes it easy to submit articles to the sites. At this point do not submit any of your own articles unless you have been using the sites for a while.
It is very important to build up your friends lists and submit articles. Make a point of submitting for an hour every day for 1 week (believe me it well be well worth your time after the week).
As you continue to build up your friend lists on these sites, continue to write your articles and post them as usual and resist the temptation to submit your articles to any of these sites.
What you are doing is building credibility. Can you really do this in 1 week?
3. Great Headlines
Remember, test, and track! You never know what works til you try!
- Questions work well for me too…
- Ha ha! During my delicious journey (reading, learning, building my tags and profile) today…I came up this this fantastic Copywriting Headline article!
- During my Digg journey I found: The Sexy Art of Writing Headlines That Kill.
4. Enlist Friends
Undoubtedly, I learned how to build a network via friends...and as friends, we’re helping one another.
If you want to barter my attention for your posts in exchange for mine, contact, or comment below. The whole idea is to keep helping your friends, right?!
Join Heather’s challenge too. She adds her personal favorite social networking sites, and her personal twists here.
5. SEO – Search Engine Optimization
7-15 keywords: Steven, don’t you mean use your keyword 7-15 times?
Never forget this some quality SEO!
Okay, now I listed my challenge…I love challenges, because it keeps me accountable to another/others. Thanks Steven!
If you want to join me, comment/trackback below, and let’s start grow our RSS feed subscribers 100/week one friend at a time!